Friday, May 7, 2010

Mint Tea

Does anyone know anything about making homemade mint tea. I have some delightful smelling mint growing in my yard that grows so well I'd like to tear it out... But I wondered if there was an easy, tasty way of making a drink out of it. I found this recipe online... What do you think? Any suggestions? Any other ideas of what I can do with this stuff?

"Using fresh mint, hers was spearmint. Take 6 new leaves from the top of the plant, take 2 cups of cold water ,bring to boil,add the leaves and simmer for a minute or two remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of orange juice and honey to taste. Strain into pretty tea cups or mugs .Makes two servings. YUM
You can use less dried mint, about 1 teaspoon or to taste. Dry the larger leaves. Peppermint is good for upset tummys too"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ladies! The Stice Cookin' blog is officially up! Feel free to post healthy, quick, or just really tasty recipes whenever you have a spare moment. We can use the comments to follow up after we try the recipes out and for any other suggestions or comments that come along. Since this is an open blog, go ahead and direct anyone else to it who might be interested. I am really excited about everyone's recipes, so post as many as you want; don't be shy!